Mobile Internet Today
Tomorrow, Monday the 22nd of november, 2021, our Senior Product Manager Mika Sharp will open the International Symposium on 6G Networking at 14:30 WET. Mika will talk about Network as a service and Mobile Internet Today.
We leave you some clues about the event:
What are the key high level challenges?
- Power consumption:
- Roughly 20% of world electricity consumption is consumed by Internet.
- Zero trust.
- No end-2-end security.
- Inbalanced growth:
- Operators’ business has not grown.
- OEM business has not grown.
- Internet based best effort services have grown.
- Pace of innovation execution:
- Latest disruption Iphone and LTE.
- SIM cards are still in use.
- Text messages are still used.
- QoS means five 9s networks.
How does the future looks like?
- Exponential traffic growth:
- More users always on-line with higher and higher resolutions.
- Everything will be connected, different kind of User Experiences needed.
- Web 3.0: Decentralized architecture:
- Semantic web, intelligent information, gryptoes, Metaverse.
- End of Gs:
- Higher frequencies and modulations won’t provide the answer anymore, what could come after THz?
- Current business models are not dynamic enough for modern societies:
- Frequency -> mobile operators -> web browsing service.
- WiFi -> add-on service -> web browsing service.
- Public Network:
- Speed test to test the network.
- Service as a commodity, price is the competitive element.
- Today the cost from 75% human generated traffic is embedded into something else – WiFi in Starbucks model.
- Non-public Network:
- Connectivity + Routing + Application are equally important.
- Ping and delay to test the network.
- Networks are purpose built to either reduce cost or enable new services.
- Different applications have different kind of Connectivity and Routing needs to work as designed.
How mobile NaaS can help?
- Higher spectrum utilization rate is the key forward:
- Automated frequency licensing and/or smart contracts.
- Containerized Capacity model.
- Exchange model to drive up spectrum utilization rate:
- Application needs differs by capacity, latency and jitter but also by IP routing, security, proximity and discovery.
- Pricing will guide usage.
How about challenges in mobile NaaS?
Access to frequency is crucial & governments need to be paid
CSP business model is fixed to volume driven eMBB market
Competition is limited, network and service is combined
Demand for mobile NaaS is still relatively weak
NaaS is the technical enabler for a trading and higher spectrum utilization rates.
Dynamic model to allocate end-to-end Network resources between parties:
Layers and building blocks:
- Media – Frequency/dark fiber
- Capacity – SDN
- Network – NFV6G vis
Contact us for mor information.